This recipe is so easy, delicious, and all-around awesome that I’ve been making it pretty much every weeknight for the past two weeks.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- ¾ cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lime or ½ medium-sized lime
- 1 shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ small jalapeño pepper, seeded and ribs removed
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp chickpea flour or other flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 bushel organic kale, chopped with stems removed
- 1 tortilla. I’ve been using Food for Life’s Black Rice Tortilla
Blend the cashews, water, extra-virgin olive oil, lime juice, shallot, garlic, jalapeño pepper, nutritional yeast, chickpea flour, and sea salt on the highest setting.
Place the kale in a large pan and pour the sauce on top. Heat over medium, while stirring the sauce in.
Begin heating the tortilla over medium heat on a pan or in the oven at 350.
Once the kale has cooked down and tortilla is slightly crispy, remove from heat. Top the tortilla with cheesy kale mixture and serve!