This recipe is so easy, delicious, and all-around awesome that I’ve been making it pretty much every weeknight for the past two weeks. Fresh, filling, cheesy, and a little spicy – it’s the perfect pick-me-up after a long day’s work.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- ¾ cup cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lime or ½ medium-sized lime
- ½ shallot or ¼ medium-sized onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ small jalapeño pepper, seeded and ribs removed
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp teff flour or other gf flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 bushel organic kale, chopped with stems removed
- 1 gluten-free wrap such as Food for Life Black Rice Tortilla
Teff flour, nutritional yeast, and gluten-free wraps can be found at your local health food store or Whole Foods.
Blend the cashews, water, extra-virgin olive oil, lime juice, shallot, garlic, jalapeño pepper, nutritional yeast, teff flour, and sea salt on the highest setting.
Place the kale in a large pan and pour the sauce on top. Heat over medium, while stirring the sauce in.
Begin heating the tortilla over medium heat on a pan or in the oven at 350.
Once the kale has cooked down and tortilla is slightly crispy, remove from heat. Top the tortilla with cheesy kale mixture and serve!