Rich in healthy fats and fiber, avocado toast may just be the best and easiest breakfast ever. This version – drizzled with lemon juice and coconut oil, and topped with sea salt, hemp seeds, and crushed red pepper – is the one I always make, and it’s absolutely delicious. It’s rich in energizing and nourishing healthy fats, but not overly filling, making it the perfect light meal to have before you head out the door in the morning, or to enjoy as an afternoon snack.
- 2 slices bread. I like Sammi’s Bakery Millet & Flax Bread, which is gf
- 1 ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 pinches sea salt or Herbamare
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1-2 pinches crushed red pepper
- Toast the bread to your liking
- Cut up the avocado; discard the peel and pit
- Mash the avocado and spread the mashed avocado over the two slices of toast
- Quarter the lemon and squeeze juice onto both slices of toast
- Drizzle the coconut oil over both slices of toast
- Sprinkle hemp seeds, crushed red pepper, and sea salt or Herbamare onto the toast
- You are now done. Enjoy!